Hmong Studies Journal Submission Guidelines
Deadline: May 30 of the calendar year for the subsequent volume which will be published in the month of December.
The Hmong Studies Journal will accept the following types of submissions:
- Original Research Articles
- Book/Video Documentary Reviews
- Letters/Commentary Articles related to important scholarly issues in Hmong Studies and/or in response to other published scholarly works in Hmong Studies
- Photo Essays (with Narratives) that inform about the adaptation of the Hmong diaspora and various aspects of the Hmong culture
Please note: As a peer-reviewed journal, the Hmong Studies Journal reserves the right to suggest and request revisions to any submitted article. The editors, editorial board and blind peer reviewers of the Hmong Studies Journal will review all articles and subsequent drafts for possible submission and will decide whether articles are to be accepted or declined.
Original Research Article manuscripts should be submitted in "Uniform format" and should be organized, as follows:
3. Methods [and Material]
Submitted Book Reviews should address the following:
1. Summary of author's argument/thesis and purpose for writing the book
2. Strength and weaknesses of author's argument/thesis
3. Who are the likely main audiences for the book?
4. Is the book broadly accessible to a wider audience of students and community members or it mostly written for a specialized academic audience in terms of academic language and theory as well as topics of focus?
4. Assessment of overall significance/contributions and limitations of the book for the Hmong Studies field
Manuscript Review Form used by the Hmong Studies Journal's Blind Peer Reviewers to Assess Articles for Publication
Hmong Studies Journal Acceptance/Rejection Rates
Published articles will be shared with scholarly databases as part of content sharing agreements the Hmong Studies Journal has with EBSCO, Gale/Cengage, ProQuest, Asia-Studies Full-Text and the Directory of Open Access Journals.
Submit manuscripts or inquiries about the journal to firstname.lastname@example.org